Color: Strawberry Fields (China Glaze)
Retail Price: $6.50 (USD)
This shade is from China Glaze’s summer 2009 Summer Days collection. It is a sweet berry pink with subtle gold glass fleck shimmer throughout. Though the final effect isn’t as dazzling on the nail than in the bottle, it’s stunning, nonetheless, and looks so pretty in the sun!
I found the formula for this shade to be a little thinner than usual China Glaze nail polishes, but I didn’t have any problems with application. The formula is a little jelly-like, actually, which means the finish is glassy/glossy (great for sparkly shades!). It looked mostly opaque with two coats, but I really needed a third coat to get it properly opaque.
Like I said, the gold really seems to sparkle a lot more in the bottle. I think the pink may be a little too thick to truly allow the gold shimmer to sparkle through when it’s on the nail, which is a shame. Still, I really love this color. I never thought about combing a pink with gold shimmer, but the outcome is really unique! Best of all, this is a part of China Glaze’s permanent collection, so you can pick up a bottle whenever you please!
- imkatemiddletonwannabe reblogged this from blanketprint
- nooda36 reblogged this from blanketprint
- megnificent-manis likes this
- savingforanothertime reblogged this from blanketprint
- wisnia likes this
- burlesquelightsaber likes this
- fuckyeahchinaglaze reblogged this from blanketprint
- fornicuslordofbondageandpain likes this
- be-my-a-n-c-h-o-r likes this
- chelshock reblogged this from blanketprint
- sstone301 likes this
- smokepurp420 likes this
- chunkysmoker420 likes this
- blanketprint posted this