OPI announces the launch of six new additions to the Soft Shades collection, inspired by the New York City Ballet (NYCB), one of the world’s premiere dance companies. New York City Ballet by OPI features five sheer shades lightly tinged in hues of beige, pink, white, lilac and gray, as well as a silver sparkly lacquer. With various sized glitter particles, this hue can be worn alone or layered over any of the other colors for added shine and dimension.
“OPI is so excited to work with the New York City Ballet,” said Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, OPI Executive VP & Artistic Director. “NYCB is rich with artistic history and has a renowned reputation that brings people from around the world to see NYCB performances. The dancers, choreography and costumes provided a wealth of inspiration for a range of soft, feminine hues. The beige, pink, and white lacquers bring to mind classic ballet slippers, tutus and leotards, while the sheer lilac and gray add muted color to ballet’s traditional pink.”
“One of our goals at NYCB is to make ballet accessible to the widest possible public,” remarks Katherine E. Brown, NYCB Executive Director. “We are thrilled to be partnering with OPI on this exciting new endeavor, sharing the beauty and elegance of NYCB with a new audience.”
The six lacquers in New York City Ballet by OPI include the following:
- Barre My Soul - This sheer beige is gorgeous, and that’s the “naked” truth.
- You Callin’ Me a Lyre? - This ascending pink hits all the right notes.
- Don’t Touch My Tutu! - Hands off this wispy white — it’s all mine!
- Care to Danse? - This lilac is up-to-the-minuet in fashion.
- My Pointe Exactly - See? This gorgeous sheer gray has been right all along!
- Pirouette My Whistle - Drink up! This silver sparkle is just what you need.
All Soft Shades nail lacquers contain no DBP, Toluene, or Formaldehyde, and each includes OPI’s exclusive ProWide™ Brush for the ultimate in application.
New York City Ballet by OPI will be available April 2012. For more information, please call 800-341-9999 or visit opi.com.
What do yall think of these? Personally, I’m not really a fan of sheer nail polishes, but I do love the inspiration for this collection, so I’ll reserve judgement for when I can finally swatch some shades.
Pirouette My Whistle looks so fun, so I know I’ll be getting it. And I’m getting Care to Danse? because it brings back fond memories of when I played the solo violin part in Camille Saint-Saëns’ “Danse Macabre” at a city orchestra concert a few years ago. :) You Callin’ Me A Lyre? and My Pointe Exactly look really pretty, too! Are there any shades you know you’ll be purchasing?
- smokey-lady likes this
- hold-me-closer-tiny-dancer likes this
- eyes-likethe-ocean reblogged this from blanketprint
- lovesolucky reblogged this from blanketprint
- equivocati0ns reblogged this from blanketprint
- nramadita reblogged this from blanketprint
- pretty-random-sexy likes this
- kittykha likes this
- yeaimgiggles likes this
- sonotorious-so-infamous likes this
- skinnymomma likes this
- sheepsuit answered: I might be getting Don’t Touch My Tutu I’ve been looking for a good white
- ulaaaaak likes this
- laweonadelazapla likes this
- humpsforpumps answered: definitely wanna try You Callin’ Me A Lyre, it’s so pretty!
- itllallendoneday reblogged this from blanketprint
- lyssavon reblogged this from blanketprint
- ayokoo answered: Pirouette My Whistle!
- atasteofvanilla reblogged this from blanketprint
- taskforce516 reblogged this from blanketprint
- catladyofficial answered: the nail files swatched these and they all look EXACTLY the same :[
- lovelifelacquer answered: I actually love sheer nailpolishes. This collection is so feminine and soft! I really like You Callin’ Me a Lyre? :)
- evee-levine reblogged this from blanketprint and added:
- bopbopshoobop likes this
- thegood-inthebad likes this
- mentalflosss likes this
- laurensnails12 likes this
- blanketprint posted this