Sequins! Velvet! Satin! Tweed! This season, the catwalks were abundant with rich texture! Butter London translated this to nails through the infusion of glitter particles and metallic and holographic finishes. The colour tones speak to “earthiness” but are not specifically earth tones – think rust, shimmering greens, and silver. This collection feels future-forward but not futuristic. This season is all about using texture to add interest and depth to your look.
Butter London’s Autumn/Winter 2012 collection includes five new shades:
- Lovely Jubbly - A vibrant magenta flecked with red, blue and gold micro particles.
- Trustafarian - A golden holographic sage green.
- Gobsmacked - A heavily pigmented charcoal grey glitter.
- Shag - A high-shine metallic lacquer in a warm orange-burgundy hue.
- Dodgy Barnett - A highly holographic shade that blurs between grey & silver.
Butter London is a backstage staple at Fashion Week, having created the nail looks for shows including Victoria Beckham, Calvin Klein, Betsey Johnson, and Yigal Azrouel. Sought after for their innovative design, technique, and custom blended colours, this season the brand created the nail looks for Altuzarra, Kevork, Kaelen, Simone Rocha, JS Lee, Craig Lawrence, Matthew Williamson, Michael van der Ham, and Roland Mouret.
Butter London’s Autumn/Winter 2012 collection will be available in August 2012. Individual polishes retail for $14.00 (USD) per bottle.
I must own Gobsmacked! But other than that, I’m not so sure what I think about this collection. I mean, for starters, when I think about shagging, Shag is totally not the color that comes to mind. And Trustafarian looks fun, but from the press image, too closely resembles Bossy Boots from Spring/Summer 2012! I guess we’ll see how I feel about these when I can try ‘em out! What are your thoughts?
- baybeelyns likes this
- andtaylorr likes this
- cbknails likes this
- monstruoleya likes this
- fitwriter likes this
- richwhitesoccermom reblogged this from blanketprint
- windy-fainello likes this
- whatsupwithbrittany reblogged this from blanketprint
- danyvianna likes this
- annafestdestiny likes this
- hiddenagenda22 reblogged this from blanketprint and added:
- betterfashion reblogged this from blanketprint
- jamiemacdonalds likes this
- blanketprint posted this